Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hello, old friend...

It is incredibly difficult to keep people updated on your life when they constantly want to know so much about what's going on. I haven't even had a chance to talk to my own mother in the last week let alone ALL my adoring fans.... This highly anticipated post will definitely be worth your time, I promise. I like to keep everyone on the edge of their seats by not posting for a month at a time. Hence my waiting an entire month to update. 

Truth is, life has been crazy hectic but I have managed to have a little fun on the way. Since the last post, we have been performing all over the tri-state area. (Thank you to those who have attended performances!) To those of you who still want to see the show, we still have local performances coming up (schedule included at the bottom!) 

April went by incredibly fast. I think mainly because we had so many local shows but also because we had a "mid-tour" break for a few days. It was soooo nice having a vacation from the show. I spent the break at home with my family and ended up being able to see my newly-married broski for Easter dinner. For those of you who did not know, I gave up sweets for Lent this year and it was one of the hardest sacrifices. Giving up sweets is ESPECIALLY hard when your entire cast eats sweets in front of you on a daily basis. But I RESISTED the temptations and came out on top- meaning there were only two times that I broke down and actually ate sweets (sorry, God)-but I DID IT. Then on Easter, I got an incredible basket of treats from my parents and ate cookies until I couldn't fit into my jeans anymore. All in all, it was a much-needed period of relaxation. 

Since then, we have been in and out of NYC pretty much every week. We have been to VA (where I saw some family members who came to see my show!! Thanks, Aunt Jo and Uncle Eugene!), MD, and PA. Being in and out of NYC has been great, though, since I've been able to see my roommate Zach. I have seen him more in the past couple weeks than I have all year with both of us having completely opposite schedules. A couple weekends ago, we decided to have a date night and go see Les Mis on Broadway. Boy, it was good! Casting choices were a little wonky for certain roles but Ramin (Jean Valjean) definitely deserved his Tony nomination. All in all, it was a great show (a show that I not-so-secretly want to be in). 

This past weekend, though, we had a day off in Syracuse, NY. We took the opportunity to travel to Ithaca, NY to visit the local farmers market. It was a very windy day but the sunshine made up for it. I also had the opportunity to get my mom's Mother's Day gift! (For those still not aware, Mother's Day is on Sunday!!!) I was also able to see a good family friend and her children, and spent the afternoon with them. After spending time with their lovely family, I met up with Natalie, our stage manager for the show and my now good friend. Together, we explored the Ithaca Commons. The coolest bookstore, Autumn Leaves, resides there. It is in this place that I bought a book about our astrological signs and how they affect our health. I haven't gotten through much of the book but from what I've read, I can tell it's going to be amazing. I was never one to believe in that "hippy-dippy" stuff but it's actually pretty cool how much stuff is "coincidental". If you know anything about me, you know that I am a hypocondriac. I am constantly thinking something is wrong with me, or that I'm sick. WebMD has become my best friend/worst enemy in the past couple years. My parents are constantly yelling at me about diagnosing myself on WebMD which is why I'm convinced that I bought this book to try and help me become less dependant on technological remedies. From what I've read so far, the book describes sickness being more from the mind than from a bug. I feel like my mom has probably told me this a million times but it only takes one time to finally realize it! Proud of me, ma?! Long story short, positive thinking is where it's at! 

That's about as exciting as it gets, folks. Evan and I are gearing up to see one another (in July) and even sooner than that, I will be home (in Allentown) for performances! One more month left of tour and I cannot believe it is almost over. Exciting changes are coming up though. Zach and I are planning on moving to a new apartment and I have been looking into some old jobs and some new jobs. I also plan on taking up a new hobby- synchronized swimming!!!! WHAT!!! I will be sure to keep everyone updated with the synchro swimming developments as they happen. WINNING. 

I would also like to dedicate this blog to Lo since in a few short days, she will be discontinuing her journey with us on tour. I am so very sad to see her go but I know this is her time. And just like the willows blow in the wind, so shall Lo be blown in the direction she is meant to go in. Lo, if you are reading this, I made that up. But also, I will miss you immensely. 

Until next time... I leave you with some photos from the past month.

Laura


Best friend, Jennifer Wysong, came to see my show!


Les Mis for date night with Zach.


OMG I FORGOT TO MENTION. We met Mike Thaler, the author of Teacher From the Black Lagoon! He also signed my book (picture to follow once I get a picture of it). Funny story- I almost cried while he was signing my book because I was in such awe. What a great experience!


My little LoBa. Here's to you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment