Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm in the newspaper... Twice in one week!

So an impromptu little post here... Wanted to share some pretty cool news with my blog fans. I have been featured in the newspaper twice this week! Wanted to share the articles since I feel pretty honored. The first feature was because of the Freddy Awards... For those of you who do not know what the Freddy Awards are- they are like the Tony Awards for our local area high schools. When I was in high school (which seems like a distant memory now... *sigh*), I was nominated for four years and got the opportunity to perform alongside the other wickedly talented nominees. I also participated in the opening number for about three years. It was truly a fantastic experience and I am STILL friends with a lot of the students that I got to perform with. This year, the newspaper wrote an article about a young man who is about to join the "elite group" of young people who were nominated four years in a row at the Freddy Awards. I am surprised A. that they remembered me and B. that they kept record of that since it happened so long ago. What a cool honor to have bestowed on me. I still like to think that I hit my performance peak in high school and this just proves that I will never be better than what I was in high school (jk...!!!) Anyway, the article is worth a read! Thanks to Mrs. McDermott who cast me in all the roles I got nominations for. She truly made me into the performer I am today. Hats off to theatre and drama teachers everywhere. 

Read the article here: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/freddy-awards/index.ssf/2014/05/freddy_awards_2014_daniel_youn.html

The second article I was a part of was in the Morning Call. Kathy Lauer of the Morning Call was cool to write an article about me coming home to perform at Parkland High School (though they were considered rivals of ACCHS, I still think of them as home). My cast and I will be performing on Friday at 10am and 1pm (not sure if there are tickets still available for the 1pm). If you know my mother, you probably know that she bought 20 tickets in order to get the group discount for my show. I'm pretty sure she is almost out of available tickets but if you are interested in tickets, comment below and I can try to help a brotha' out! Or sista'! 

Read the article here: http://touch.mcall.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80244338/

Until next time...

Laura





No comments:

Post a Comment