Thursday, January 16, 2014

Adventures in Missouri!

This blog post will probably be short since the cast and I haven't seen too many Missouri sights yet. HOWEVER. We ARE in Missouri! Today was a double show day (see what I did there with the title?) Which means-for all you non-theatre folk- that we did two performances of the show today. Let me say first-- THANK GOD we ran through the show last night since there was a lot of it I forgot (hopefully my director doesn't see this...) during our four days off. The theatre we are performing at is SUPER nice as well with a lot of backstage and onstage space. They also provided us with a crew to help unload our set which is a luxury that we usually will not encounter. They ALSO gave us lunch! WHAT! 

The theatre we are currently performing at and will be performing at for the next week is the Florissant Civic Center Theatre in Florissant, MO. Pictures included down at the bottom! 

We have a THREE show day tomorrow which will be interesting. But we also have a meet and greet after our last show. Boy, those kiddos are always so cute! Today we had a ton of kids responding to what we were doing onstage (whether they were prompted to or not) but that is the BEAUTY of live theatre. Most times I wish all shows could be interactive- it brings a sense of reality to the work- but also gives the audience a chance to be a part of what is going on. 

This wouldn't be an actual blog without a rant about theatre once in awhile. Anyway, spending the evening relaxing and watching "Easy A" with my roommate before a three show day tomorrow (I may go crazy). 

Tomorrow I will be handing the blogging reigns over to one of my castmates, Laura "Lo" Babiea, who will be writing a guest post tutorial about stretching because health and fitness is also a part of this blog. Look at how awesome this blog is! Also a quick shoutout to everyone who has subscribed to the blog. 

Keep spreading the love, I appreciate it!
Laura

Up next... In The Home Stretch: A Tutorial About Touching Your Toes










No comments:

Post a Comment